(FW >= 1.0)
htmlspecialchars - Convert special characters to HTML entities
string htmlspecialchars( string $data )Certain characters have special significance in HTML, and should be represented by HTML entities if they are to preserve their meanings. This function returns a string with these conversions made.
string requiring formatting.
The translations performed are:
- '&' (ampersand) becomes '&'
- '"' (double quote) becomes '"'
- "'" (single quote) becomes '''
- '<' (less than) becomes '<'
- '>' (greater than) becomes '>'
Return Valuestring with certain characters replaced
$$new = htmlspecialchars("<a href='test'>Test</a>");